1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One Last Shot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Mar 1, 2009.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Well, old man winter is throwing another one at us. Forecasts have been all over the place for my area. Last night before I went to bed they were saying 1-3 total accum. Now they have bumped it to a possible 1-3 today, 5-9 tonight, 3-7 tomorrow. That's at least 9, so we will see what it brings us. Just as I was getting used to this warm weather and mud. I actually got to take off my long underwear Friday. Anyone think we are going to get buried?
  2. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

In the mountains of western Maine, we are due for another 8"-14" by tomorrow afternoon. We received 40" of snow between Feb 18-23 over two different storms. I had to bring in a truck with a wing plow to push back the banks on the two mile road I plow. The banks were near five feet in areas where it was drifting. He got stuck twice and we needed to bring in a large front loader and a skidder with full chains to pull him out of the ditches. That was his own fault because I had offered to ride shotgun to show him the ditches but he told me he could do it himself.

It took me a full five days to clear the snow off of the roofs from the last two storms. I am getting quite the exercise program keeping snow off of 12 medium to large size buildings.
  3. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but they are saying 12-16 for central MA. We already have about an inch now
  4. oldmankent

I'm rockport gloucester area. I would love it if somehow the ocean does not make this wet. fat chance though. If it stays northerly it may have some dryness to it.
  5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

6-10 for Long Island!!! gonna take a nap and wait for it :salute:
  6. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

They are saying 9" to 15" here starting a bit after midnight.
  7. Wow guys, Here in Tahoe Land, they are calling to 6-8 feet at the top in 2 days time. We use a different scale here in the Sierras. 12:1 (inches:feet)

Good luck to you all. Get ready cause this one will be heading your way too....
  8. oldmankent

Bragger. ;)
  9. Bragger and a bit overworked!
  10. TLB

TLB Senior Member

send it our way, we'll take itpayup