1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One Last Problem (I Promise)

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Dizzle13, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Dizzle13

Dizzle13 Junior Member
    from RI

This is the last problem I come to you guys with, I swear!

My plow won't lift up all the way. It's causing the feet to hit the ground when I hit good bumps and take turns. I just had broken and repaired the line line for the lift hydraulic a few days back (ps thanks for all the help fellas) however, even before that it was a little finicky going up, not like this though.

I tightened up the lift chain as much as I could and put a new clip on since I had one lying around. It seems though the hydraulic won't go all the way down when the plow is dropped.

I greased the hell out of it before the season and today. I also cleaned out the outside of the valve where the screen is before I put it back on. (While fixing the hose.)

Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Low on fluid from replacing the hose?

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

It looks to me like you need to push the lift cylinder down with the controller in the float position. Once you do that shorten the chain a link or two. That will lift the plow higher. The only down fall is if you plow alot of off grade lots, you may not scrape all the way down to pavement when you start down a hill.

4. DCMPLOWING

DCMPLOWING Junior Member

I THINK Rc2505 HAS IT RIGHT .USE CONTROL PAD TO FLOAT DOWN BLADE THEN MANUALY PUSH DOWN REST OF THE WAY.RECONNECT CHAIN AT PROPER LENGHT.THIS WORKS ON MY MEYERS PLOW.

5. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

Could your pump becoming weak from age maybe?