1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

one last hurraah???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rmartin, Mar 9, 2004.

1. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

news channels are calling for a major noreaster weds night and thursday...potential for 12''+.....I was just geting ready to start my spring cleanups.......oh welll....it can wait a few more weeks..:drinkup:
  2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I've already done spring cleanup...now it's back to winter...Time to hook back up and re-load the ballast. Then it won't snow
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

There's a guy on a radio station here who predicted a big snow storm in March last year with a pig's spleen. He was right and he's predicting another one this year. Hopefully he's right again.:nod: payup
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

when is this gonna happen i thought it was going out to sea
  5. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

Wed. night into thrusday...A lot of concensus between weather.com, yahoo, and new stations...and for some reason it hasn't STOPPED snowing for 36 hours here now..to bad it's melting as fast as it's snowing.
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Just stopped snowing here in randolph. A good amount 2.5" on the grass at least. It started to stick to the pavement yesterday afternoon as temps dropped and your right it has not stopped for 36 hours. I scraped my driveway this morning and made a nice little pile at the end of my driveway:) It would be nice to get one more event over a foot or even over 4". I am taking my plow in a few mins but it will be back on tommrrow night or maybe tommrrow afternoon. Iam so glad i did not completely give up on winter in late feb of all times like, like so many did. It certinately did not seem like we were getting more snow but i think all of us know that march can bring lots of snow and usually does.
  7. Crodog

Crodog Junior Member

I think every one needs to be very quit about this, we don't want to scare it off like we have the last several that threatened to come this way!!!

8. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I gave up watching the different weather people on all the various channels. Seems one says, get ready to get cloberred, the next says, don't listen to that station and so on. So far it is 2 to get clobbered, 2, maybe and maybe not, and 2 that say it's going out to sea.
  9. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

They said here that there might be a chance of snow thursday, lets hope they are right.
  10. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

I thought we was the only ones who did that! We keep a couple of hogs every year and when we slaughter them we look at the spleens to see what the winter will bring. Not always real accurate but usually closer than the weathermen. Have you heard the one about a woodpecker flying backwards through a poplar grove with a stick up his butt? It means there is a storm on the way!:D
  11. The Boss

:D No, can't sy I've heard of that one.:waving:
  12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i think this is gonna miss a they say unless the forcast in five hours
  13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

They just said rain snow mix all the way up to southern NH, some light snow accumlations possible but no big deal. Weather.com says snow for thursday and nothing about a mix. I don't know who to believe i heard up to a foot this morning now its down to nothing basicaly. Nobody knows, this is the worst year i have ever seen as far as the meterologists predicting snow storms. Only one thing is for sure: I will put my plow back on tommrrow night and hope we get something and if we don't oh well.
  14. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

The local weather station here said its going to track to far out to sea for anything more then light rain or maybe light snow. :( :cry:
  15. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Just another near miss. Guess this winter just wasnt ment to be.Everyone seems to have put thier plows back on around here,glad i didnt
  16. a pig's spleen?!? Hmmm... I' not gonna ask! :)
    It was snowin' pretty good here late yesterday, but the ground is too warm now for anything to stick. Bummer :( Oh well, I guess we can wait for for of those freak march/april storms to hit. Best of luck to everyone in the east.
  17. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

This morning, CT stations ae saying this is way out to sea. Could have been something to look forward to.
  18. Crodog

Crodog Junior Member

I told you guys to be quiet, now look what happened! You scared it away!
  19. The Boss

Don't blame it on us:nono:
    Mother Nature needs to get laid.:nod:
  20. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you are volunteering?