1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

one inch of snow and a four foot drift

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by m2low, Dec 22, 2008.

1. m2low

m2low Member

yah, we had a measurable one inch of snow, and live on the edge of town - combined with the blowing and drifting and me having to push out the snow about 4 times on sunday it turned into this - thats a four foot fence to the right of the drift that my daughter is standing on - truck sure got its first true workout!

2. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

got any pics of that truck, I like that style gm
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That blade looks like it sits really far out in front of the truck....or is it just me?

I agree though with above poster...more pics of truck =]
  4. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

It does look kinda far out, I bet it's great for stacking. +2 for more truck pics.

That looks like the SD I remember. I have relatives in Rapid.
  5. m2low

m2low Member

it is actually a suburban 1990 - the blade may be a bit far out, but its an older meyer blade and frame with a newer classic style truck mount which probably sits a bit farther forward than the original under the truck mount that came with the blade... I dont have any pics of the whole truck handy, but have some listed in my profile, I will get them posted in this thread - it is GREAT for stacking, to get that pile that the kid is standing on with that blade seemed odd to me, and my dad who has had plows before and done lots of plowing said it does make nice tall piles... but I am at the limit of the blade already this year for stacking there on my drive. have to make piles up closer to the house as more snow comes...

6. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

your old lady

how bout some pics of your old lady. i like that style of woman
  7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice picture!
  8. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

you need to learn how to "ramp" I have a large lot that only gives me a small area to push to and they wont pay to haul it off. I build piles like an excavator would, driving on the piles as they grow. once I have a nice ramp going I will come out and put about 2000gals of water on the ramp to rock it up so I don't trench into it while pushing snow up the hill.
  9. alaska blue ox

alaska blue ox Junior Member
    from Alaska

I do the same thing without the water, I just drive up the side of my stack! pick the blade up a little and hammer down. I built @12-14' high stacks today in fairly lightweight snow, wish I had pictures.
  10. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I haven't had the snow to get the the second floor yet. still working on the base. I use the water to make it a large ice cube so the snow packed down and gets nice and hard to drive on.