1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One headlight out after changing control harness

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MightyPigpen, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MightyPigpen

MightyPigpen Junior Member

I had a Poly Pro ultramount straight blade on my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 with a 4 port isolation module. Everything worked perfect. I bought a used MPV that was installed on 2004 Chevy 2500 and used the old (Dodge's) isolation module but changed the control harness and plugged it into the #1 slot on the isolation module. Now, whether the plow is connected or not connected one head light is not working on dim. On brights it is ok. I thought it was the bulb, but that is ok. In addition to the new control harness I used starter solenoid that came with the MPV control harness. The old one was rusty and it got destroyed when I tried to disconnect the wires. he wires where connected to the solenoid so I didn't disconnect them. So one light is out with the existing isolation module. Now here is the weird part, with the 4 port Isolation module from the Chevy the lights do work, but I notice one headlight is a little delayed when it comes on, just a second or so, but they do work. I'd like to find out what I did wrong and did I ruin the old isolation module? Thank you.

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The problem would probably be the configuration plug in the control harness. Dodge uses it but Chevy doesn't. You can check the mechanics guide on westerns website.