1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

One headlight dim

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mike6256, Dec 21, 2009.

1. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

I got done with our last storm, plowed most of the night with the headlights off and then noticed my driver side light is barely lit?? It makes no difference high or low beam they are both slightly yellow at best and all turn and marker lights work fire.
    The plow is a Western MVP Ultra mount 8.6' poly. Just looking for suggestions as I don't want to mess with it too much its still under warranty and I am going to have them look at it before I mess anything.. I am worried about the module being bad and hope this isn't a sign:realmad:
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Check the voltage at the bulb. If it's 12 volts or better, the bulb is bad. If it's low, the wiring is the problem.
  3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Sounds like a bad ground to me.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are those the new Nighthawk or whatever Western calls them? Projector style with H13 bulbs? Swap bulbs from one side to the other.
  5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

If that the case and it still under warranty, let them fix it at their cost........
  6. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking, but thanks for the imput everyone..