1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ONE dim plow light on my Western MVP?!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by aspenplow, Nov 10, 2009.

1. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

So I have only one light thats bright on 2007 MVP PLUS. One is bright and works fine, the other is barely on. Any suggestions? I have cleaned all connections and used dielectric silicone.. I had the same problem last year and it just started working fine.. So far this year it has not "fixed" itself! Thx in advance!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check all the grounds

3. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

Is it possible it coul be inside the headlight assembly itself? I have checked the grounds.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

This is the Fisher schematic.
    http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/27365.00_010107.pdf
    Page 33 for the 3 port module.
    Are both Hi and Lo beam dim? Are the truck lights OK? If so, probaby ground for that lamp. It could be the grill plug, one of the plugs on the iso module, or where the module plug into the truck light connectors.

5. aspenplow

aspenplow Member

Truck lights are good! Light is dim on both high and low beams..

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the cover off the back of the light and try grounding the light with a jumper. I had mine apart today, but didn't look at it to closely. You might be able to sneak a paper clip or something like that in there If the light brightens, you've found the problem. Sort of. It's most likely at the grill plug. You might try cleaning all the junk and grease out of there to start with. Maybe some Bar Keepers Friend to clean the contacts or even muriatic acid. See if that helps