1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Once you get the V you can't go back!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 16, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

As you know my truck went down so I used another guys truck. I have the Boss Vplow but the one I used this week was a straight blade. For most of the day I kept trying to put the plow into scoop! I would push the button and nothing was happening and I kept thinking it was broke. I used to plow with a straight plow before so it took a while to get the hang of it again. As they say never look a gift horse in the mouth.
  2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I actually thought about buying a spare MM2 straight blade in case my V broke down. The EZ-V makes it a cake walk IMO.
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Well I know how you feel but I don't use a v blade - plow. I have been running blizzards for four years now and love them. I had to use my brothers 8' western last year when my truck went down. I forgot how long it takes to backblade drives with a 8' plow. ( I was plowing detached condos ) It also took forever to get the snow to the end of the street. I also started with a straight blade so it wasn't that bad. It's funny how we get used to running our own setups. The hardest thing was climbing into his gmc from my superduty. I also never realized how slow the allison trans is in reverse!!! I am not going to complain, if it plows snow it's good enough for me !!!
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I love my Boss V. I've used every position it has, including the V during our 3 foot event. It was the only way to open things up without a loader.
  5. MarksLand

MarksLand Junior Member

I used my new Boss V this week and once I got used to it I am now hooked. I jumped into my other truck with a Fisher straight blade to do a couple of accounts and can't believe I got through the past 15 years with it. The Boss V makes things so much easier and so much faster. I can't believe the time savings.
  6. Meadelz

Meadelz Junior Member

I've been running V-plows for years, but this year I added a new truck and decided to go with a western straight blade. I see a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, V's certainly have their place, but a straight blade western angles ALOT further than a V. I find with my accounts that I am saving more time cleaning up fewer whiskers because of the ability to angle sharper whereas you get more whiskers with the V yet better ability to clean-up. Bottom line..... I've got the best of both worlds.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Big parking lots, streets, any thing with minamul clean up, straight blades are king. Little lots, cul-de-sacs, anything with a lot of clean up or specific snow storage area, Vees rule.

My $.02 one man bands, Vees are the thing. Fleets they only need one for every 4-6 straight blades. Assign them to clean-up, tuck in and areas where the snow needs to carried away from.
  8. GrandScapes

GrandScapes Senior Member

100% agree.....

We swithced to vees on every rig we have bought since 03. I bought my personal truck in 06 and equipped it with a Boss Vee..My truck before was a 02 with just a RT3 Straight and I tell you what, im gonna say my production was probably 35% better in normal snows and 50% better in big snows.

Bottum line, Vee blades own all
  9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

My Boss V works great for me in large parking lots. I make it the scoop position and start scooping. I out plowed someone with a straight blade by about 30%. Im lovin my V
  10. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

How has the winter been for you? How is the truck handling?
    I am have been looking at a Fisher V SS, but I got a sweet deal on a Western Straight. Someday ill have it.. :cry: :cry: