1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

?? on unimount set up?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by red347lx, Jun 9, 2009.

1. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

Sorry to sound ignorant but i have a question. What is the deifferance between these and regular mounts?? pros and cons?? any help would be appreciated. thanks fellas

2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

The western unimount plow is an older mounting system. are you looking to buy a used plow?

3. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

or do you mean the really old hard mounted ones??

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah you'll have to give us a few more details. It's

1-conventional (old)
    2-Unimount (early 90's-02)
    3-Ultramount (02-current)

Conventionals retain the pump, lights and mounting assy on the truck BEHIND the bumper, and uses a cable driven elec/hyd pump. Uni is where the entire system disconnects from the truck and stays as one complete unit aside from a truckside undercarraige (uses all elec). Ultra is similar to Uni but a more advanced easier to use mounting system.

5. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

unimount

i have a plow i am trying to sell/trade due to it being to heavy for my truck(95 f-150) do you deal in used plow set ups? do you deal in trades? let me know if you can help me out. thanks

6. red347lx

red347lx Junior Member

this helps clear things up. thanks

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

PM Sent.......................