1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? on Ultra-Mount plow storage

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jan 20, 2014.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC Junior Member

Came back to my shop at day's end to find the landlord had let electric company in so they could replace lines in back of our yard at shop...they moved my ultra-mount and placed it as so.....No fluids appeared to have leaked, and they were careful enough with it and helped me move the plow back to how I keep it stored (upright and ready to drive in and hook up). Does having that pump on its side like that for an hour or 2 going to do any damage to it? Thanks in advance.

-Mark

plow.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No. But you might have to look at/replace the breather cap. Maybe just double ck the fluid level

3. WoodBrothersLC

thanks man, I will check that first thing in the morning. Figured it wasn't a big deal, more or less just upset at the presumptuous attitude of someone to move the plow like that...

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The filler cap has a 5psi valve in it. U can turn the whole unit upside down. No damage will have been done at all.
    The worst thing is that all the sediment in the bottom will b stirred up.

5. WoodBrothersLC

Sweet. I appreciate the responses guys. This is my plow's 4th season, so I'm sure I will start posting other ?s on here sooner than later and it's great to see the quick responses and free advice/help from other plow enthusiasts.

Thanks again,
    -Mark