1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? On Timbrens

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MD Power Plow, Dec 1, 2004.

1. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

I have seen this listed a few times and was wandering what are "Timbrens"

2. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

MD, Timbrens simply are suspension boosters that are fairly easy to install that boost the weight capacity of the front end, so you can hang a plow on your truck and put less strain on it's front end.

Kevin

3. MD Power Plow

So there is no need for it on my truck, my truck came with 5200 front gvw.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  4. larryjlk

larryjlk Member

5. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

MD, 5200 sounds like a 3/4 ton... but the only thing is, is your truck a 2500 series Chevy or GMC? Diesel? Give me some specifics and we can go from there.

Kevin

6. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

I know what they are but always wondered if my truck needed them? I have a 4" lift so the stock rubber piece is about 4" - 5" away from the spring. I just mounted the plow on (Blizzard 810 power) but forgot to look to see how close the stock ones are to my springs. Is there any measurement that proves that I should be using them? (like 1" to go to spring). Do they make longer ones instead of what their application chart may suggest?

7. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

wait, i just tried hard to look at your avatar... it looks like you were a smart guy and bought a FORD :cool: Well, does it have plow prep with a gasoline engine??

8. MD Power Plow

My truck is a Ford 1 ton F 350 ex cab 4x4 with V-8 ,Yes it has a plow prep, and camper package.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  9. MD Power Plow

There is about 5" from the top of the spring to the bottom of the rubber pad.

10. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

hahahaha laugh all over timbrens my friend. Your truck could have an elephant sitting on the hood.... You can hang i believe up to a V plow or a 9 foot straight blade without messing with any warranty issues... GOod luck my friend. Screw the timbrens they are for Chevy trucks and half tons

11. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

My 04 F250 has an 8 foot western pro on it and it drops a quarter inch when all the way up. The plow prep is very effective, and it levels the truck out nicely.

Kevin.