1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

On the run!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jan 19, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

screwed people 2 years in a row!

3. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

Seems like is alway NY when you see this. It may be the way it is done but I would not pay for anything in advance. I can understand if someone is doing construction a deposit is required to buy materials. No reason for plowing. JMO I can see month payments but not paid in full.

4. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Sounds like a couple of guys around here. People like that give us a very bad reputation.

5. Here, it is not uncommon for clients to pay in full for an "early signup special"... Look at this guy's rate... $225.... Com'on, I understand prices vary from place to place but how can anyone operate on rates so low. If someone offered me this service at this price I would turn them away and look for someone more expensive. I might get scammed for more money but I would feel better about going into the deal in the beginning.

Monthly is the way to go though. Everyone wins...

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

do it to me once ......shame on you

do it to me twice......Shame on me

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a good business plan:gunsfiring:

8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a bunch of cheap arses that got burned. $225 for the season, they should have known better.

9. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

its funny you never hear about the plow guys that get screwed, once a citizen does holy shiot?

10. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

happens all the time, that's what they get for hiring any joe-blow landscaper (sorry not intended to offend anyone) but c'mon, everyone thinks they can mow lawns and everyone thinks they can plow snow. find a real contractor, make them give you a copy of their business insurance to be submitted with the signing of a well typed contract.

11. grandview

Unfortunately, even with all that if they guy doesn't have any ethics he still won't show up.

Every yr it's the same thing some guy bids and takes the money and doesn't show up.

As for price seasonals are between 200 and 400 so he was on the low end.

12. redman6565

chances are though, if he has the proper insurance, then he is legit.

13. Kunker

Kunker Member

Everyone we talked to around our area wants payment up front. Thankfully when we did hire a bad apple a couple of years back, they hadn't cashed the cheque before they broke down and couldn't plow. I guess it just depends on the market. I know I was nervous as hell paying up front for the first guy...the second one lived around the corner so I could at least go knock on his door if there was a problem.

14. redman6565

well listen, there are plenty of legit, insurance paying contractors who service the residential market. i suggest any and all homeowners to seek those contractors out first.

15. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Sounds like he learned how to plow from Tony's.

Remember him ?

16. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Grandview, you're slipping. This was already posted a week or so ago. Must be all that coffee getting you have been doing lately.

17. grandview

Since I was plowing for the last week and PS only hold 500 posts I may of missed it.

18. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

2 of my new customers paid this guy. They called me after he never showed up a few times and I got their seasonal contracts. This guy is a total A-hole. On the houses that I got from him, he had even staked the driveway and plowed the very first time, but never again. Funny thing is that his stakes were literally 4 feet from the garage door instead of half way down the drive or by the sidewalk. Makes no sense.

19. redman6565

good marketing plan for you is to go and grab all of his "former" customers.

20. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

It seems like every winter her in Michigan someone pulls the same scam. It's all over the news yet people fall for it time and time again.