1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? on Spreader Mounted on Ag Tractor

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Marbleman, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Looking for feed back for spreader for 35-45HP Tractor. Going to use on 6' + wide sidewalks and small tight parking areas . What are people using? What works well/problems? (will be using Magic Salt)

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Hi David. Did you end up going with a spreader? I am looking to put a drop spreader on a john deere 2720 we just got. I was looking at the accuspread. Curious to see what you ended up with.

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

what I have read is that pto spreaders depend on the rpm of the pto shaft. I just bought a salt dogg tgs07 and I'm mounting it on the back of a bobcat. I'll be done soon.

4. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

[QUOTEa=mdb landscaping;1528398]Hi David. Did you end up going with a spreader? I am looking to put a drop spreader on a john deere 2720 we just got. I was looking at the accuspread. Curious to see what you ended up with.[/QUOTE

I purchased a Meyer spreader, and did not have it installed for the Nov 7 Storm. I will have some feed back once we get some more snow.