1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

On seasonal contracts how many times in 24 hrs

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 1fast432, Nov 20, 2009.

1. 1fast432

1fast432 Member

Piecing together a seasonal contract from everything I've read on here.I'm in Mi. so I figured average 42" of snow a year with a 2" trigger say charging $35.00 for a drive. Then I'm charging them $735.00 for the season($35.00 x 21). If you have an event that lasts all day they're going to want me there every 2" and thats what they're paying for,problem is theres no way you could be there that often.Do you charge by event and just plow it once in that event or make a stipulation in your contract that you will only plow say twice in a 24hr period.THANKS JB

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well I wouldn't hire you for that price unless I had country road. If your seasonal you plow until it stops snowing. If it's an all day event you start at house #1 and go to the last house and start again.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

$735....for the season....Unless your plowing in Bloomfield Hills Good Luck...I see seasonal prices around $225-250 for a normal size driveway...You will get lowballed at those prices...

4. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I've only really had to do them maybe 3 times in a day. If it needs it more than that, the roads are all usually closed around here anyway. Just emergency vehicles and maintenance crews left.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

So your idea of a seasonal is there should never be more than 2" of snow on the driveway? How about
    1) if the storm is more than 2" you plow them (thats a trigger)
    2) you plow so they can get to work in the AM or home in the PM
    3) when the storm is over you clean up.

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

we plow once every 24hrs, for as many times as need until end of storm, we also have it set up that if we have plowed once that day, and a customer needs service again, they are able to phone in and get us back the same day if necessary. We don't normally get more then 1-2 inches per day but we do get drifting from high winds.

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

All of our residential contracts are three inch. Contract states "drives will be plowed in the early morning and/or late afternoon when snow accumulation is three inches or more". I'm very careful to not create the misconception that we're there "every" three inches, as that is usually not feasible where we are. It's not unusual for us to plow them twice in one day, but not typically more than that.

8. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Hit the nail on the head here! :salute: