1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

On Seasonal Contracts, How Many Time/Visits in a 24hr Period?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MIPLOWER, Oct 6, 2010.

MIPLOWER Junior Member

I was wondering how every one else does there Seasonal Contracts, 1-Visit per a 24-hour period or 2-visits Per 24hr period or unlimited visits in a 24-hr period.

Thanks for any input
  2. me!

me! Member

it depends what the customer needs. the ones we have on seasonal are big enough that i would rather just keep pushing once it hits a inch rather then get behind, but for us we only have 2 or 3 events a year this would be an issue on so its a small factor when we consider pricing.
  3. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

with mine in MN, if they sign seasonal, it is as many times as needed in 24 hrs, thats what they are paying for, but I price it for that as well
  4. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

With mine I plow them in the morning and then if they feel they need it again later in the day they call me but most will not. They feel its northern Michigan so they can deal with a little snow.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You need to plow as many times as required to meet the terms of the contract.
  6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

What he said. :nod:
  7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I always look at the flyers other guys in my area send out and they pretty much all say once per 24 hours.
  8. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

I don't go by frequency, I go by a trigger depth.
  9. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

yes what the contract says. if it is a zero tollerance then thats what it is. if its a 2" trigger you have to be there when it hits 2" even if it snows 12" during the stores hours. its all in the wording of the contract.
  10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Plow with the storm, keep it looking nice, your seasonal accounts are your bread and butter (well, should be if you priced them right). To limit them to 1 visit in 24 hours would be suicide on a larger storm, not only for your relationship with the customer, but the abuse on your equipment as well.
  11. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

What do you mean? I NEED to have a contract?
  12. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

For flat rate seasonal for residential.... I offer 2 tiers of service. 1 event per 24 hours or 2 event per 24 hours. My contracts are very clear on this.

I'm currently struggling on how they should be priced or if they should be priced differently? Any input? How many time per season is this really required?

I'd like to get all my snow clients in one single area. Each year my snow service area gets smaller and tighter. Outside of my main target area I do not offer more than 1 event per 24 period.
  13. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I can understand this if you're using a blower on every drive versus a plow, as it takes far longer to blow a drive than plow it. I'm pretty sure MarkO is talking about plowing, not snow-blowing driveways... :dizzy: