1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

? on running treated bulk salt thru a 3pt hitch mount spreader

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Marbleman, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Visited a Snow -Ex dealer today and told him I wanted to purchase a 3pt hitch tractor mount spreader to apply treated bulk salt on side walks and limited access smaller parking lots. I was initial looking at SP-575, HE SAID IT WOULD NOT WORK! he wants to sell me a SP1575, As said I also want to drive down the middle of a 6 foot sidewalk and treat them. Not sure how the offset SP1575 would work?
    Anyone have any experience with either of these models on a tractor or bobcat while using TREATED BULK SALT
  2. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

Anyone? Dealers, Manufacturer, Users .....Comments???????

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I'm going to be buying a tgs07 salt dogg and mounting it
    On a bobcat a300. Electric hitch mount. Spread bulk in with the add on of a home made rubber skirt it should do sidewalk paths just fine on an s175.

sorry my point was also that a few places I have seen will make you up a 3pt to trailer hitch bracket and you could run an electric spreader... auger with a vibrator and you should be set.

Ive thought about adding one to my tractor.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

I just saw your post

Sorry for being late in seeing your post. I would think the 1575 will spread just fine in the center. We use several 1875 which is simply the larger version of the 1575 and have no problem with it throwing uneven. Bulk material will flow better through the 1575 with the auger feed system. Although they are a little more to buy, the material flow control is an awesome feature.