1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

??? On poly cutting edge VS. steel or rubber

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JSC Inc, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

I have a H.O.A that we have been plowing for years and I use a Deere 325 skid loader and 9' Snow Wold plow. The set up works great and they have been happy for the past 9 years. They just got new driveways and want to keep them in top-notch condition and asked if I could use a different cutting edge on my plow.

On a 9' Snow Wolf trip edge what should I use and why (poly? rubber?) please give me contacts and pricing if possible.
  2. Division

Division Member

get to your local dealer, you can get a new rubber or poly cutting edge installed for less than $150

i would go rubber
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I am assuming you meant to say "Snow Wolf" plow???....Snow Wolf offers factory poly cutting edges for that plow, but I'm not sure of the thickness.....either way, get 1.5 in thick material.
  4. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

contact http://cuttingedgepoly.com. You will want a 1.5 in thick. The price of 150 isn't even close. The edges that we bought range from 400 to 1500
  5. Kale Lawn

Kale Lawn Senior Member
    from Ohio

might charge you $150 for an install... but poly blades are average $800 for an 8' 1" thick
  6. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

I saw your post and looked up some of my receipts. We paid $350.00 for our last 8 footer. That is for the best poly out there. If you are paying 800.00, you are getting over charged.
  7. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

That price of 350 was for the 1 incher. We usually buy 1.5 inch thick pieces and it looks like we paid $490.00 for our last one that was drilled to spec. and shipped.
  8. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

The polly we just bought was about 600' per 8 feet.
  9. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

The receipts that I am looking at are for 5 inches tall and 1.5 inch thick. Not sure what you got or who you bought it from. I know that the taller it is the more we spend. The last 10 footer we bought was just shy of a grand and we drilled it ourselves, but that one was 10 inches tall.