1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

on firearms?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Detroitdan, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I did a search first and saw that Dano said you can use it on firearms. So that answers my first question. My next question is, anyone have any experience they can relate? I'm thinking I will try it, just wondering about if it gets greasy and slippery or if it's manageable. Also what about odors? I always refrain from cleaning my shotgun before the season so it doesn't reek of gun oil. Thinking maybe the lanolin base would have less of an alarming odor. What do you think?

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I've not tried it on firearms yet but the odor is less obnoxious than petroleums. It has kind of a pleasant tack shop smell to it. I think it would do great for this application but due to its viscosity, would it be wise to run a patch through the barrel before shooting?

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Came in from the snow yesterday and didn't want to put it away wet, so I sprayed a little on the bolt and receiver and wiped it with a paper towel.
    That stuff smells awful. Oh well, maybe the deer will be attracted to it, Tink's 69 doesn't smell very good either.

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Oooops, sorry if I misled you. It does seem less odoriforous to petroleum based stuff. While the FF did have a different smell to it, it didn't seem to bother me at all. I apologize, but it really didn't seem bad to me when I had used it in the shop and garage.