1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

On Facebook?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Goldendog, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Goldendog

Goldendog Junior Member
    from Alaska

Do any of you use facebook? My advertising agent had me start a page and also do an advert campain on facebook for the month of October. It has actually been working pretty good. Starting to spread and am getting some jobs from it.

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I started one after listening to the early show awhile back it's free advertisement. good luck -Joe-

As a matter of fact you just reminded me to update my page thanks :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

We're on Facebook. Not really there for new customers but for those who do look see we are up to date.
    It's free advertisement so you should definitely be on there!

4. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

We have a facebook page, 60some people like it, mostly friends, I don't really see that I've gotten any jobs as a direct result, but by updating regularly, it does come up if someone searches the company name on google.

6. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

I did the ad thing for about a month. I didnt think it paid off. I started my ads again. Will give it a try for another month.

7. CS-LAWNSERVICE

CS-LAWNSERVICE Member

I am on face book also

not sure it gives me any jobs but is free advertising ,I also use Google ad-words and it does bring me work

8. Big Ford

Big Ford Member

9. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

we are on it but have not really gotten any work off of it.We update it from time to time though. it's out there to help the google search on our name more than anything.

10. JCResources

JCResources Junior Member

11. Goldendog

Goldendog Junior Member
    from Alaska

12. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

mine is in my signature, its a start

13. LON

LON Senior Member

14. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

15. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

I've had my biz on FB for about 3yrs. I'm close to 200 "likes" and counting. It's an awesome way to keep people up to date. Even during big storms I post that I'm out plowing and people always call for 1 time plow outs. Then landscaping jobs come from it too.

16. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

18. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

Theres no money to be made through facebook

Just like many others have said, we also have a facebook page for the past 2 years. We have never gotten ANY business from it. Lots of likes, but all current customers or people I know.

I set it up over some down time over winter a few years back.

If your not on facebook, its not hurting your business at all.

19. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I have never gotten any calls from facebook. But I have gotten calls from people putting in snowplowing in Ohio in a web search and plowsite pops up and the Ohio thread and have landed a few big accounts that way. So it might work and it might not. Time will tell.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  20. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Facebook has been a huge part of promoting my business. I used to send people there to read my "reviews" but facebook decided to remove them. Fan pages are a great tool to keep people updated on what you can do. I probably land about 3-5 jobs a year from it. Hey 3-5 more then I would have had with out it. It is free advertising and a great way to let your friends and family know what you do.

Just last night I had a customer (who I did work for) and is a fan, see some recent work and post that she wants the same thing done. I will be doing a walkway at her house later this week.

All the Advertising is FREE! What better references then your friends and family IMO