1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

On board video data storage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pohouse, Feb 16, 2013.

1. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

This year I am running an on-board camera on my trucks while plowing. This is for liability issues mainly. For those of you that do this, how do you store the downloaded files and for how long do you keep them? It seems the files are about 32 gig for a 10 hour shift.

2. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I do not have anything like this but if your files are 32GB a 1TB(1024GB) hard drive would hold 32 10 hour shifts.

Save them until the next season starts or buy a new external hard drive every year for $100 or so.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  3. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

considering it can sometime take a few years for slip and falls to come into light I would be buying a new external hard drive every year.

4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Use cloud storage, its cheap!

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

What cameras do you use

6. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Hey plowmeister, your signature is pretty funny, especially since you misspelled "your". It should be "you're". Stupid is a funny thing.

7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

That would explain why my life is so tough.

8. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

I use Swann HD freestyle.

9. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I'm glad you got my humor. I wasn't trying to be mean.