1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

On and Off lights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Feb 3, 2011.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

I have been using my truck for a couple months now and i can not figure out a headlight problem. B&B told me what wires to wire correctly when i was installing the plow. The plow is a 8.2 boss v 2010 model brand new the truck is a 1991 gmc 2500 with four headlights. Are the truck lights suppose to shut off when i flip the plow headlights on ? Mine stay on with the plow lights. Then what happends is after a little while the lights will go off and come on it drives me nuts specially at night when i am trying to go down the road. I lifted the hood when it was doing it and i can here the relay clicking when it is doing it. Please help. I really need to get this resolved.
    Thanks, Ron

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yes the truck lights are supposed to shut off when you hit the truck to plow switch and vise versa.

3. milwaukeevtwin

lights

Ok so what is the fix?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Disconnect the small red/white wire you should have on the battery terminal and re-test.

5. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

ok, so i have a super duty 7'6" straight blade with RT3 hookup, headlights work great, turn signals did, but now the drivers side ONLY turn signal on my truck stays bright all the time that plow is hooked up and left turn will not work if I unhook plow everything is fine and works as usual....Could this be a relay or is the flasher in my truck smoked? I figured if it was truck flasher they would not work when plow was unhooked, thats why i am leaning towards one of the relays, but figured i would ask on here first.

6. milwaukeevtwin

lights

Did this and they do not come off and on but when i turn the plow lights on the truck lights stay on still?QUOTE=B&B;1227925]Disconnect the small red/white wire you should have on the battery terminal and re-test.[/QUOTE]

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have one of the headlamp adapters plugged in backward (all need to be on the "A" side) or you have the vehicle option connector plugged in backward Ron. The like colored wires should be together.

8. milwaukeevtwin

lights

Thank You very much. Storm coming in I will check later tomorrow. See ya. Did you get those gussets in yet?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes shoot me a PM and we'll get you covered. wesport