1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Omg!!!! Broken plow~!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chcav1218, Dec 22, 2008.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Ok, so I went to take the plow off truck today, and I as I went to back up, here is what I saw. (I've also included a play by play of my thought process here)

1. "What in the hell is this?!"
    [​IMG]

2. "Oh you have got to be kidding me!!!!!"
    [​IMG]

3. "Ahhhh Man"
    [​IMG]

4. "Damn, I have no idea at all how long I plowed with it like that! Three storms since Wednesday! This could have been bad."
    [​IMG]

Well I guess the pin snapped and fell out somewhere along the way, I'll have to keep an eye on it in the future, atleast its an easy fix

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Wow, you got real lucky it waited til you took it off the truck to fall apart! Sure wouldn't be something i would want to encounter though!

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Damn, that couldve been really bad. glad you parked it like that instead of it happening during the storm

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, I have seen quite a few fishers do that. But I have yet to see a Boss do it. Time to hit the boss market?

5. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

I broke one of those mounting holes on my plow the other night, the pin didn't snap though

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Man I want and 8'2" Vee SOOOOOOO bad

7. GTLS

GTLS Member

How is that an easy fix? It looks wicked messed up

8. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Its just one clevis pin that connects the A frame (which holds the hydaulic rams and the plow blade) and the lower head gear (which connects the plow to the mounts on the truck).

9. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

So throw a pin in it, drag it to your nearest Boss dealer and pay him some money to dispose of that thing and drive home with a new red plow on your truck. :D

10. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

One of the things we do is to take a walk around the rig after each lot. One to stretch you legs, get some fresh air and wake up and inspect the rig you would be surprised what you might find. Also clean the windows and lites shake the plow check spreader. Takes about a minute but we have found small problems that we corrected quickly that could have been much worse.A ounce of prevention verse pounds of pain...

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

the first 2 pics I knew the pin snapped. lol.