1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Olympia Sprint Tire Chains

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Top_Notch, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Top_Notch

Top_Notch Junior Member

Anybody try these chains. I need to get a set of chains and am considring these.
    Here's the LINK

What chains do you think is best?

I would like to get the diamond pattern since they are said to ride better.

These Olympia Sprints are going for $105 per set. Seems like a good deal to me.

Any opinion is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

2. Top_Notch

Top_Notch Junior Member

I guess nobody has tried these...since there has been no response. I'll be the guinea pig. Just ordered two pairs today for right around $230. Been looking online and these seem to be decent, plus there made by RUD. We just got around 50 inches of snow in three days and I could have used them on the hills and steep drives we have in these here mountains (key the banjo music!):drinkup:

Cheers,

Jeff

3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

they look like they should really bite well.

4. Top_Notch

Top_Notch Junior Member

Well I got the chains today and put them on and did a little plowing in my driveway. They seem sweet! The truck is a tank with them on there. Chains went on pretty easy for the first time and should only get easier each time in the future. They shipped in about two days Tirechaindealer.com was a breeze to work with. I will post again once I get some more wear on them. Hopefully it keeps dumping...we need another 27 inch day!

CIMG1843.jpg

CIMG1844.jpg

CIMG1845.jpg

Jeff

CIMG1843.jpg

CIMG1844.jpg

CIMG1845.jpg