1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Olly gets a plow! Woot!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BushHogBoy, Jan 18, 2005.

1. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Finally got a deal worked out now! My '76 Dodge M880 "Olly" is getting a plow now after plenty of waiting. Oh well at least i've had time to drive her enough to get some bugs worked out.

Got a 7.5' Meyer with electric E47 pump and dual toggle switch controller. I don't have the plow home yet hope to get it this week maybe even today, 3 hrs away nice little road trip :salute: :rolleyes:

She's ready and waitin! I got to play in my buddy's plowtrucks during that huge 24" storm we got right before Christmas, I can't wait to get my own plow!!! I have a couple snowblowers and a garden tractor with front/rear blades but nothing like a truck! LOL. I've got a dozen or so driveways of my own plus my buddy has a ton of residentials to subcontract to me (has a townhome/condo complex of 39 identical homes to do plus another 20 residentials) also he has lots of parking lots he said he'd sub some stuff to me, and i've had others wanting me to sub for them as well. Woo-hoo :waving: :drinkup:

2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Great!, I like the Ram rims on it.
  3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Thanks. Me too, plus they were dirt cheap with good Daytona Radial Stags, 235x85x16's. :) they work good in the snow. I popped out the dent in the passenger door, adjusted the hood latch so its flush with the fenders, and the bumper will most likely come off for the plow mount... this summer when it warms up i'll shoot her with some paint. This truck has a NP203 full time 4x4 transfer case, with a differential locker in it, don't have to get out and turn hubs to lock it in :nod: it had sit a while before I got it, and when i started to drive it some things went out on me but now i think i got the bugs worked out, and its a great strong truck... its a tank, can't wait to plow with it :cool:
  4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

plow pics............ has to be removed from this Bronco.

plow front.JPG

plow a frame side.JPG

fromt of mount.JPG

plow a frame.JPG

control close up.JPG
  5. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

so eric did you get it home?
  6. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Be sure to post photos of the plow on the Dodge! I love old Dodges with plows! :drinkup: :yow!:
  7. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

PS, don't they have different mountings? the Dodge and the Ford?
  8. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Yep...at least as far as I know they do. I'm sure the right person could properly adapt it, or just get and use the Dodge frame mounts.

Congrats on getting that plow though!
    You DID lube those hubs, didn't ya?

When you get a few extra $$$, I would recommend a trans temp guage and a trans cooler, if ya don't already have 'em on there. You will love plowing with this era Dodge truck. :)
  9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

If you ever seen some of the stuff frankenscagmachine (AKA brushhogboy) has built. I don't thing he will have too much trouble.
  10. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

My 78 Ramcharger was the best plow truck I ever owned, you'll have a good time running that old Dodge ...