1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ole Man Winter

Discussion in 'Weather' started by rgrimes945, Dec 31, 2006.

1. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Well Guys It's 12/31/06 I'm hoping(along with the rest of you ) that, Baby New Year Wakes his sleeping AZZ up. It's getting about the time we normally start to see the colder temps and some white stuff. I hope for the Northeast folks have to deal with a few noreasters before long. This weather can't last, I'm hoping the cold arrives with the new year. So let's hope the New Years BaBy to wake up Ole Man Winter!!

Ray Grimes
    The Inclement Weather Contractor

2. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

2 more weeks...till the trough comes In hard from the Arctic:drinkup:

3. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

That is what my GUESS is also..
    I am thinking that the weather pattern is going to change very rapidly around the 15th of January. Hopefully the Jet stream takes a nice dip and the arctic air from Canada comes down at the same time.payup payup payup

Happy New Year to everyone and lets hope it is a prosperous one as well.

Jason

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

im on board with the 2weeks as well. even accuwether sees someting around that time. the 12th and 15th they are calling for the white stuff:bluebounc

5. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I have to agree with Daner and stroker79. I too see it all coming in towards the middle of the month just like one of my grandparents friends said, he also told me to hang on to my hat towards the end of the month too I hope he is right :D :cool:

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If we get that much snow, you can HAVE my hat.

7. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Nah sorry Mick I don't wear used hats.

8. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

Hat

Hey Mick, If it will make it SNOW, I'll gladly take your hat !

Ray Grimes

9. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

accu weather has snow for around here on the 13th.

10. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

Well if you guys get hit this month would you send a little of that white stuff down here to the southern Maryland area?

I've had this plow truck for two years now and only used it twice.
    Glad I'm not making payments on it... :cool:

11. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Jan 15th

None of the lakes are frozen over up here... and even way north of me...The water Is warm.
    So.. the Arctic jet stream crossing warm waters =Snow storms.
    So far the crazy jet stream has not been In mosts of our favor.
    I see Ontario getting hit...also south states of Lk Erie And Lk Ont....where It will go from there I think east...but we will see...Its a bit late...But The fun will soon beginpayup :alien:

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well, I hope we get this here stuff called snow soon. I have already been out giving quotes and bids for spring clean-ups!!!!!!!!!!! This is crazy for January:realmad:

13. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

the snow

this winter really s--ks i am broke no more cleanups to do just sit around waiting till we get some white stuff i had the plow on the other day but you know no snow yet .

1996 ford f250 with 7.6 western unimount:redbounce :nod: payup