1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

oldest boss plow here

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by terrapro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

sooooo whos got the oldest boss plow here?

my V is 3 years old with me but i have no idea how old it really is. i bought the plow and the truck for $750, yes i said $750 and the best thing is it was delivered to me for that price. yeah i did drop about $700 on the truck just to get it to move and STOP lol but it has made me 10 times what it cost me if not more. ive never had any problems with the plow until today when i blew a hose.

she is getting old though so next year i think i will have to buy a newer truck and plow. i cant see myself owning anything but a boss 8.2 V on a 3/4 chevy. i still feel funny about the lack of a chain lift though. im sure ill get use to it.

heres some pics...dont mind all the atf fluid everywhere, its from the hose blowing today and i havent had time to wash her yet.

IMG_2677plow.jpg

IMG_2678plow.jpg

IMG_2679plow.jpg

IMG_2680plow.jpg

2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Nice old plow! It is a Chain lift though. See the chain that goes from the lift cyclinder to the plow that lifts it? yep. I wonder how old it is?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  3. terrapro

from MI

lol i know its a chain lift. i meant that when i get a new boss V on a new truck it will be hard to get use to the lack of a chain since it will im sure not be as old as this one so it will probably be a cylinder lift. i love this plow and i will keep it as a back up. if you look closely at the pics you can see all the welds and new metal that has been put on it. i hope a new boss V will be atleast half the tank that this is.

4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Hey Blizzard guys! Come get some!!!

You ain't NEVER gonna see a white plow that old and still working!wesport That's older than my first plow I bought in '98. Look at that RT 1 mount. Nice!

GOT to LOVE a BOSS!

5. terrapro

from MI

yeah when i bought it i thought i wasnt even going to get through one season with it let alone 3 payup
    i wouldnt be surprised if its 20 years old. i dont know the history of boss and i cant find anything on timelines on the net of when these were made. the truck its on is a 1990 and i wouldnt be surprised if it was bought to put on the truck brand new.

6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Seriously, what good does your comment do? Blizzard hasn't been around as long as Boss thats why there aren't as many plow that are that old. Guess what, I'm sure that a Blizzard will last and keep working after 20 years. I run Boss and have for years. I've run Blizzards as well. They are both great products and well designed. I can say this because I have owned them both. Now quit bashing products that you know nothing about.

Terrapro, that plow looks to be around 20 years old. Thats great that is still works for you. There is a company here that still has a fleet of trucks those style blade.

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

We have two RT2's, a 94 and a 95. Theres an RT1 like that laying around at the local dealers.

8. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the innovators of Boss go on to bring us the Blizzard Power Plow?

One of the first plows I used was an RT1 like that. Had an RT2 with 13 seasons on it - sold it with the truck last spring.

9. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Hey there are plenty of guys that are all over us how Blizzard's are the best plow out there! He was just giving it back to them. If you don't like it then leave!!:waving:

10. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

Almost looks like the plow was parted together with different plow pieces. We have a 99 9'2 v, I will post some pics. Never been broken down, but I think it's time to retire it.

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I'll give you a hundred bucks for it, sight unseen! :D

I'll even pick it up!

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

See below :rolleyes:

You bought your first plow in '98? Wow, I AM impressed now with your experience.

There's the voice of intelligence.

Silly you, going and pointing out facts like that.

I loved my RT1, bought it brand new in '90, had it on a Dodge 3500. Too bad the truck was a POS with the old TBI, gutless wonder.

Boss started in the mid 80's and progressed from there. They really started catching on around 90 to the early 90's, at least by me. We were not the first to get one, but there weren't too many around at the time, yet. Too many moving parts, too expensive, untested, etc, etc. Where have we heard that before?

I liked that mount the best because it was very simple to attach, hook the chains up, lift it up and pull the cable to lock the pins. It also had enough slop built in to it that many obstructions caused zero damage to the plow, with the amount of 'give' it had.

13. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

My first plow, had a Boss V on a 1986 Chevy K-30 the plow was brand new on the truck in 1986.

14. terrapro

from MI

im assuming you dont still have it? do you have any pics?

15. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I have a picture somewhere, just not sure where. I will have to look. And yes I sold it around 1999.

16. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

17. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Ohhh boy here we go....... :eek:

18. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

haha this should be good :D

19. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, I am dieing to see what Mark says. LMAO.

20. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Proseasons,

Grow up. First off, act more professional no one asked for your imput about Blizzard. Second, people like different plows and different trucks for different seasons. I dont bash my buddy for running all chevys and 10 western pros. O ya, I run Fords and Blizzards so shut it.

As for the thread, 4 evergreen in Elgin has a Blizzard for Jerry, its #54 that he did. I think he said it was one of the earliest. So ya Blizzards will be around awhile. I have 3 and 4 yr old blades and they are still going like brand new. Did I mention we pushed about 12-15 times this yr alone?