1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oldest active plow & truck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by burlingtonplow, Jan 10, 2010.

1. burlingtonplow

burlingtonplow Member

I'm wondering if anybody has or knows of a the oldest active original plow and truck combo with Fisher. I mean there has to be someone out there that barely uses the plow and keeps it for decades and has the same truck. I need to see it

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

i tried it but the plow out lasts the truck!

most likely fisher has some ?

4. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

A buddy of mine has a 1967 chevy 1-ton. Nice shape.

5. burlingtonplow

burlingtonplow Member

wonder if there is someone who just keeps putting money into the truck instead of just swapping trucks and keeping the plow. has to be. or someone whojust uses the truck just for plowing should last over 20 yeas

6. Mass4x4fun

Mass4x4fun Junior Member

It's not the oldest truck out there but I have a 95 Jeep YJ with a 95 vintage 7.5 Fisher. This combo has pushed snow on 35 - 50 driveways each storm since it was new. ( some of the driveways are more than a 1/4 mile long too) I am so happy with it after 15 years I now have 3 Jeeps all set up with 7.5 Fisher's, and my 01 Dodge 2500 is for back up.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

somewhere on here there is a thread of old and new, this guy just (the thread was 2 years ago I think) bought a new truck and he has it parked next to his original setup that is still used as a backup, it was a fisher and I think it was a 70's era.

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

9. antanddom

antanddom Member

2005 truck but 1996 fisher

10. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

96 truck with 78 fisher gotta love FISHER FISHER ALL THE WAY!!! wesport

11. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

my uncle has a 1942 CJ2A with a 6'6" fisher on it. I don't think its original but its is older than I am. He uses it to plow his driveway up in NY, that thing is an animal when its chained up on all 4's

12. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

my mothers ex husband has a 73ish Chevy one ton, it had a 78 body swapped on it back in the 80's with an equally old Fisher on it. That truck just wont die, when I was younger I used to plow that truck incredibly hard....and it just wouldnt die. I saw it a year or two ago, he keeps it solely as a plow truck for his business now, but was a daily driver untill the mid 90's

13. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

On Fishers website I believe under the History section if you go to 1930 I believe it is, they have a 1930's Jeep with a Fisher

14. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Whoops, go to Company, history, then 40's

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

The truck lost my cherry... I mean (Plowed my first time in)... Snow!!! I mean. 1978 GMC 1 ton is still licenced and on the road (with a plow) It sold last year for about $1000 and I see it regularly on my way to one of my sites. Almost bought it for nostalgic reasons but I would never sit in it again to plow.

16. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Yeah dude 1st Jeep was in 1941.

17. Ford&Fisher

Ford&Fisher Junior Member
    from 06850

Not oldest but the best

This is my first reply, just recently joined. I have been plowing with my 84 Bronco w/Fisher belt drive for 25 years. In this time I have never had a failure of anything! had to replace 1 angle cable once, and a "C" clip on a pushpin once. after about 17 years I put new angle hoses on it. I still have the original lift hose on it,
    The truck is old & tired ( over 200,000 miles ) but still plows great. I'm planning on a body off restoration just so I don't ever have to deal with these electric plows. They seem so troublesome & quirky.
    The Bronco is great for tight spaces, it turns almost as well as Jeep, yet is plows like a truck.
    Bought it & plow new in 84'. still love it.