1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Western V controller issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by carlsauction, Jan 23, 2013.

1. carlsauction

carlsauction Junior Member

Just had an older Western V plow installed on my 3/4 ton 99' Suburban.

Bought the plow from 3rd party and had dealer install.

Upon installation, the hand held controller wouldn't work. Dealer stole one off his "lot truck" and it worked fine. I checked the fuses and they both have continuity. Is there anything else to check on these hand held controllers, or do I just pony up $350 for a new one?

It is the old style with a round connector.
    Thanks

Carl

2. Chiputz

Chiputz Senior Member

You should be able to find one on an auction site for way less than that. The circuit board goes bad in the controller. Good Luck with the new plow, you're going to love it!

3. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

U can buy just the circuit board and put it in ur old controller a lot cheaper than buying a new controller unless u have broker wires

4. carlsauction

Thanks. I was planning on shopping for a used one, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
    I will check for broken wires.

5. lawnboy2121

I would try to replace the circuit board instead of buying a used one because u will be in the same boat

6. carlsauction

Am I correct that a fisher control will work too; as long as it is the round connector?

7. lawnboy2121

Yes it will