1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older western ss hopper spreader identification

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PENNPLOW, Jan 27, 2016.

1. PENNPLOW

PENNPLOW Junior Member
    from 15301

Ok guys help me find out what model this spreader is and where to find parts. I got it dirt cheap but its probably going to need bearings etc.. The only thing I keep seeing on the parts web sites are the models Icebreaker and Striker and the one that mine looks the most like is the Striker. There are only the Western decals on the sides and the engine cover, and a small tag that says Western Hopper Spreader and the serial number, I am going to try to upload the pics I have. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

20160127_084330.jpg

20160127_084338.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  2. PENNPLOW

PENNPLOW Junior Member
    from 15301

another pic

side view of the western spreader

20160127_083615.jpg

3. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

it looks like the striker before they redesigned it. i know they stopped selling it for a couple years and then re released it. the new design is essentially the same thing with more bells and whistles. i would try a machine shop, there is a guy around us that comes up with all the parts we need for our stuff, and for pretty cheap. your best bet is most likley to call western.

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I get most of my bearings from ebay . Cost about half as much as the dealers .

5. PENNPLOW

PENNPLOW Junior Member
    from 15301

Striker

Thanks guys I was thinking that it was a striker design also. just didnt know if the parts were all the same or not.