1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older western plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ronforsnow, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ronforsnow

ronforsnow Junior Member

does anyone out there have any info on tri plows.I located a v plow for a very good price but he said it was missing some valve outside. he also stated that i could use my current set-up to run this.I currently have an older western cable/joystick setup. any info or is this even worth my time?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Not worth your time. They dont make any parts for the tri plow and havent for years.
  3. vikingfan

vikingfan Junior Member

The tri-plow was a trial plow. LOL Dont do it, parts are extremely hard to find. If your looking for used try craigslist, I find a lot of stuff there.
  4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

tri plow

stay away they were not any good new ,i sold them ! they pulled them the first year of production ,when the got in and lost a patent infringement lawsuit with boss. they were slow and the missing valve they were talking about caused a lot of problems .the hydraulics's were to complicated and over burdened . a lot of problem's with the double acting angle cylinder's .
  5. ronforsnow

ronforsnow Junior Member

well thanks for the input guys. the guy was not the one who said it was a tri plow but he said it was just an older v plow. i assumed it was a tri plow because he said it was missing that valve that mounts to the outside. is there any other way to check, because if it is a tri plow then i will respect your response and continue to look.. once again thanks to all and happy plowing