1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older western plow cable adjustments

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by pottord, Dec 24, 2009.

1. pottord

pottord Junior Member

I just got this blade and mounted it. The plow works great but after using it one or two times today to move some snow. The right/left movement worked at first, but now it is not working. Any idea how to adjust the cables? (this idea came from a different posting!) I had the control apart to fix a bad wire splice. I am sure it got back together correctly because up/down and right work great.

Thanks for any suggestions and ideas!
    pottord

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. pottord

pottord Junior Member

Got it fixed with a little thought and so at lunch time I went out and looked at it some.....the pump never had set screws where the cables go into the valves. The cable for right/left had come out of the housing some. When I pushed it back in all is well.

Any one have an idea what the tread type and pitch is for the set screws? I just need to pick two of them up to stop this stuff!!!

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I believe they set in the "valve lever". There is a pan screw in the middle. and a pin were the cable hook on to. In post #2 the link is for the mechanic's guide..Look on pages 5-4 and 5-6.

In the link below, look on page #8. This page shows all the parts
    http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/13497_020088.pdf