1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older western "Joy Stick" wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chopcor, Oct 14, 2005.

1. chopcor

chopcor Junior Member

Hi guys- just picked up an older western p/a plow with the joystick- It has a black wire coming out of the joystick housing, and I'm not sure how it's supposed to be wired, as the former owner removed it from the truck before I bought it- Any help? Thanks, Stan
  2. Ian

Ian Member

Did you try the western website?

I managed to put a wire harness setup from a late 80's chevy into a 96 dodge by the information from the website. Go there and select the publication library section and go from there.
    I printed out the directions for the chevy and the dodge, laided them out side by side and figured it out. It is a really simple system.
  3. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

the black wire goes to the solenoid,its just a ground(thats why its black):D that completes the circuit when you move the control lever
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The black wire goes to a small terminal on the motor solenoid,. you will jump a hot wire from the large hot wire coming from the battery to the other small terminal.