1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older western 2000 swing away

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by juan91, Jan 23, 2011.

1. juan91

juan91 Junior Member

just bought this truck with tailgate spreader, its a western 2000 swing away. When i turn on the spreader cab controls,the actual rotating part of the spreader turns, but appears to be binding in a spot, and also seems to be turning pretty slow. Does it require the truck be running for more voltage? lastly, is their anything to lube or grease inside the black motorbox?

thanks!

-Juan

2. juan91

juan91 Junior Member

48 views and not a response?

3. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

mix karosene and used motor oil, put it in a spray bottle and when u get it running spray some on the top of the motor where the spinner attaches let it soak down and turn it back on that helped me with my slow motor, as far as the thing hanging up in one spot look down at the auger and see where its rubbing and u may have to adjust it

4. juan91

juan91 Junior Member

we cleaned the electrical connections and it ran great today!

thanks!

5. muffy189

muffy189 Senior Member

excellent but use that trick i told you and do it after every couple of saltings the guy who rebuilt my motor on mine told me about that and hes been dead on so far. good luck and good choice in plows

6. juan91

juan91 Junior Member

thank you sir, i will do that once i empty out the hoper. Thans again

-juan