1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older v plow won't lift up. Help!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snow6rider, Feb 20, 2011.

1. snow6rider

snow6rider Junior Member

Hi I am new here and had a question about my boss v plow. I'm guessing it is a 02 because that is what the truck is but it may be older. It is intermitent about going up or down but the wings work fine. I have been loosing fluid from the cap on the pump. The first time it didn't go up I just added more fluid till it looked full in the filler tube then it worked fine. Last night the fluid was spilling out and found the over flow cap had been blown off. None of the lines or fittings are leaking just the cap area. I put the cap back on filled back up to spec. It worked for a little bit than wouldn't go up or down again but the wings still worked fine. It was also low on fluid agan. Also I didn't hit anything that would force the wings back so I'm a little at a loss. I have been using boss fluid untill last week when I had to put atf in it in a pinch but was leaking with the boss fluid as well. Any help would be great thanks.

2. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

sounds like you got a blockage some where.

3. snow6rider

snow6rider Junior Member

thanks, I figured I would drain and flush with Kerosene based on the info I have been finding here. Perhaps there is moisture within and its freezing up?? Ill write back if it solves the problem