1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older tailgate spreader

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cookie, Dec 14, 2009.

1. cookie

cookie Member

I have an older spreader (03 model). The problem is that someone decided to rebuild it for me last summer and didn't get it back together right. So, 3 times out, 3 times screwing with it. 1st trip out the spinner was mounted to low - I dropped salt everywhere even when the motor wasn't spinning. Second trip out the dive belt kept flying off the pullies. Someone had all the pullies at different heights and the belt wouldn't stay on. This morning took me 45 minutes to empty a hopper. Spinner on 10, and the opening at the bottom of the hopper wide open. Now granted it was a bit damp out, I should have been able to empty the hopper in under 10 minutes.
    Does anyone know the measurement from the top of the spinner to the base of the hopper? That's the only thing that I can see causing me troubles now - unless it is time to retire the old girl (it has spread a pile of salt in her day).
    Thanks - Jason:dizzy: