1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older ST fluid moving, plow not - HELP

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by JS625, Feb 10, 2008.

1. JS625

JS625 Junior Member
    from 18424

I have an older ST model and need some help. The plow is not moving up down left or right. When I hit the switch, I can hear the selanoid engaging and I can hear the fluid moving but the plow does not respond. Any ideas what is wrong and where I should begin?

Thanks!
    JS

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Use The manual Toby4492 linked you to to find the instructions for stuck spool valves. Look under "plow will not angle."

4. Tuck11

Tuck11 Junior Member

I had a similar problem last week with my 24D, I removed both the left and the right solenoids and removed the spool, there was a shread of metal preventing the spool from going back to the center position.
    The unit was stuck were the plow was angled left and would not angle right or move up. On the Fenner Hydraulic units the fluid goes through the left/right valve before it goes through the up/down valve.
    I would start there, download the Hydraulics and troubleshooting manuals that the other suggested so you can see what to look for.

Mike
    2000 Tundra
    2000 24 D Snow-Way

5. Tuck11

Tuck11 Junior Member

Hey JS,
    I reread the message again and saw that Tom had said this was a Monarch system, my reply was for a Fenner system so disregard what I said, however you should download the troubleshooting manual from the site that Tom recomended, I took a look at it and would suggest that you look at 1. fluid, make sure that you do have fluid in system. 2. filter, to make sure pump is getting fluid. 3. Master relief valve, if this would be stuck(unlikely) you would not build up any pressure. I would go with what Basher said and check all valves, sounds like one is stuck and all fluid is returning to tank and system cannot build pressure and therefore cannot move your plow.

sorry about previous post hope I did not send you on a wild goose chase.

Mike

2000 Tundra
    2000 24D Snow-Way

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK it's a monach not a fenner. check for a stuck B valve or a bad pressure relief.

I forgot they used the new pump in the older units one season. sorry:eek: