1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Snoway Lexan Replacement

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by onyx, Feb 10, 2008.

1. onyx

onyx Junior Member
    from Canada

Has anyone made their own replacement lexan inserts. Mine has a hole in it and I was planning to make the replacement as our dealer just robs you blind. I was thinking about going a little thicker and cutting it up.
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

don't cut it. Use one piece. I know a guy who bought a 1/4" piece and use a heat gun to get it into place. I would just stick with the 3/16" thickness.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

do it in one piece.
  4. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

4x8 sheet of lexan cost me $115 including two cuts. I made four pieces for my v.
  5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Replace it with stainless. IMO

6. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i had a customer make a piece thicker and it didnt hold up at all so he went back to the snoway poly as it seems to hold up alot better
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I got 2 of them on Ebay. $160 for both shipped to my door.
  8. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I don't know what your dealer is getting for them but I replaced mine with steel for $170 and the lexan was $200. was cheaper than I expected.