1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older plow trucks?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mulcahy mowing, Feb 3, 2012.

1. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Who here plows with a mid-early 90's truck (or older)?

I have always loved the body style of the early 90's trucks. I'm a ford guy and have the chance to pick up a 1993 7.3 powerstroke for cheap money. I'm not sure if it is worth it though. can anyone prove me wrong? Show and tell your older truck!

heres a photo of one of the trucks forsale..

truck.jpg

2. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i can prove you wrong, there is no such truck. powerstrokes didnt start til mid year 94. somebody could have put a powerstroke in that truck but it didnt leave the plant that way. the 94-97 f350s were one of the best trucks ever built i think. the 250s can be after you put a real front axle in them. i have a 91 dodge that i plow with (not this year though)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. randomb0b123

from america

4. randomb0b123

from america

5. mulcahy mowing

Good looking out! I didnt even relize that they didnt start that early! truck looks mean!

6. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

that dodge looks rugged very cool

7. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Yea 95 was the strart of the 7.3 with the turbo in it. the 94 was still the idi withput the turbo. I would try and and find a 1997 f350 psd. I must have looked at at a dozen of those before I decided to get my duramax but I love the obs psd fords and plan on still someday getting my 1997 f350 xlt black reg cab with greay interior and of course with a fisher setup haha and use it as my second plow truck. it's benn my dream truck forever.

8. randomb0b123

from america

Powerstroke mid year 94

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

The non turbo powerstroke doesn't make a lot of HP but has torque.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

There was no non turbo psd. It was a 7.3 idi and before that it was a 6.9 idi. There as a 7.3 idi with a turbo offered for a short time also iirc.

And torque is generally the idea behind a diesel in a truck.

11. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Yep, but the 6.9/7.3 was a dog. Only real power was in the 1st gear.

I had a 87 6.9 (mid-year they put in the 7.3)that I blew. No way was I dropping money on a truck with the miles it had on it and rotting out.

During the destruction of the truck and selling parts, I found out I probably had 6 months left on all the body mounts as they were about to fall apart.

12. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

I miss my 90 f350 Idi, however everything is for sale for the right price so off she went, pushed good
    With the sander in the back even in 2 wheel and real good on fuel economy

13. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

I've always loved early 90's trucks, Ford, Chevy & GMC. If I could figure out how to post a photo on here, I would. :)

14. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

My Fords are all 89's all 5 running strong. 3 at the house 2 at dads shop.:mechanic:

100_2376 (800x604).jpg

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

For any that say the non turbo 7.3 is a dog........................you're nuts. I assumed the same till I got one. Those trucks are animals.

16. mulcahy mowing

Thanks for the info guys!

dude, love the trucks!

keep em cominwesport

17. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Very unique trucks!

18. cascade powder

cascade powder Junior Member

90's isnt old! How about a 1969 Toyota FJ40! Still going strong all stock running gear!

DSCN4367 (Medium).JPG

19. GMC25004x4

GMC25004x4 Member

Sweet plow truck, do you have any more pictures of that beast!

20. cascade powder

cascade powder Junior Member

In her "summer trim"

DSC_0736 (Medium).JPG