1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older MM1 drifting....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Brian Young, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I bought a MM1 straight blade last year and it was supposed to be 100%. Well after replacing the top cylinder which was pitted I thought it was good to go as many parts were already replaced. It works in every aspect but the only thing that is still wrong is any time I come into contact with a pile (at slow speeds like 3-5mph) the plow angles to that side with out moving the controller. Any thoughts? I thought it was air in the lines due to the pitted top cylinder but thats been replaced, also it has been filled and bled out a couple times since. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance, Brian

2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Not a plow mechanic but.... weak pressure relief valve(s)??

3. Brian Young

Thats kind of what I was thinking but even when I explained the problem to a dealer he said air. Any one else?

4. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

My plow does that too.Bump

5. Brian Young

That plow is going in this week but they wont get a look at it for a couple weeks. They said more like a bad o ring....we'll see. BTW if any one plans on taking their plow to Jerre's any time soon........good luck! He must have had 20 plow's there plus another 50 at another site.

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Yep, the wait till winter's round the corner rush is on. Like knowing that people can say with a straight face " I had this problem last season " but how they wait till they need it to get the problem looked at.

7. Jerre Heyer

Back to the post at hand. Most likely it's a popped crossover valve or an o ring blown out of a crossover valve. Guess we'll look at it sometime next week.

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Come on Heyer,do i have to come out there and hold your hand:jester: LOL!,Jerre's right,as usual,it'll be in the cross over valve one way or another.

9. Brian Young

Hey was that a shot? LOL. I seriously feel bad for you Jerre. Ive seen first hand the nit whit's that call or come in. No offense to any one specific....just sayin'.

10. Jerre Heyer

Arc, hope the season's starting off good for you. J

11. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

A little slow on the snow side,been doing remounts,a few repairs as they hit me the same way out here as they do you,October's usually good for new installs.