1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Minute Mount help.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mstng5point0, Mar 13, 2011.

1. mstng5point0

mstng5point0 Junior Member

Want to say hi to everyone here as i am new and need some help with my plow.

I have a 97 f350 diesel with an older Fisher Minute Mount. From what i can tell there is no iso module. I do have a large headlight harness with 2 relays.

My problem is my plow motor does not get power from the solenoid when i move the joystick. I have power to the solenoid on the firewall and i have signal to it when i move the joystick. I also have power to the solenoid pack on the plow itself when i move the joystick. But the motor never comes on. I can jump the solenoid and it works. I have replaced the solenoid and still the saem problem. and we checked my original solenoid and it is good.

Where should i look next. Thanks for the help.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

The solenoid under the hood needs a good ground and 12volt source to activate. My guess if you say you have power from the joystick when it activates, that you have a bad ground for the solenoid.

3. mstng5point0

That was one of the things i thought and i used a jumper wire to ground to and it didnt change anything. i will try cleaning up the ground and see if it helps tho.

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

That's how the system works. If you are getting a good ground and positive connection on the high-amp (large cables) then the motor should work when the relay activates.

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdf/21935_120098.pdf

See page 10 for the wiring. Make sure you have a black to battery hooked with the Black/Orange. Black/Orange goes through grille plug and bolts into back of motor where high amp ground bolts. The Brown/Red wire provides power to underhood relay.

See from page 15 on (note that controls are same for 9-12pin lights are different but have nothing to do with control of plow except a shared ground point)

If the joystick is getting power (red lght on) then when you presse up, right or left you signal the brown/red wire to send power to relay which closes and sends high amp power to motor. At the same time you send power to one or more of the three solenoids on pump to control direction. Double check you get power to brwon/red at relay when a function is selected. Then clip the end of test light to the black/orange wire at the relay and see if it lights when you touch it to postive of battery. Clean and dielectric all connections.

5. mstng5point0

OK i will check it tomorrow. Thank you for the help.