1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older Meyers salt spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by scootz52, Dec 1, 2001.

1. scootz52

scootz52 Junior Member

Hello, all i'm at the ? again after my plow purchase.
    i was offered a older meyer salt spreader in fair-poor shape for 125.00 looks like needs at least a new elec motor,some wiring, and some mount welding
    any ideas on cost for a replacement motor? or is this not worth the time? and $$
    Thanks
    Scootz

2. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

The cheapest you will find the motor for is around $200. You may be able to get a rebuilt one locally cheaper. The auger, bearings , spinner, shaft and almost all other moving parts can be replaced completely for about $170.

Central parts is the cheapest I think on most of the parts, but Jthomas is very close with the 8% SIMA discount.

3. PINEISLAND1

If the box is ok, the wiring you can replace yourself, its very simple. The box is about $160 if its bad.

The new salter like that goes for about $699 plus shipping, so its probably worth re doing it.

4. PINEISLAND1

After looking it up, I see the parts are only about $70, and the motor $189. So it is pretty cheap to totally rebuild the thing.

5. scootz52

scootz52 Junior Member

thanks

you guy's are very helpful thank you