1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Meyer Pump Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by thomasjkt, Oct 24, 2009.

1. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

I have an older style Meyer Plow Set-up, I believe the pump is an E57, my problem is when raising my blade the blade also angles left and it will not allow me to angle back to the right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks...... Jim

2. icemancometh

icemancometh Junior Member

3. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

Where I run into problems with the troubleshooting guides is, my plow does go up, it just angles left at the same time, and I don't see anywhere in these troubleshooting guides that gives you that type of problem.

4. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

I tried disconnecting the wires to the solenoids on my pump, then I ran a direct 12 volt line to my pump motor, as soon as I energized the pump motor the plow angled left. ANY IDEAS???:dizzy:

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's suppose to. The default function on a Meyer when no valves are activated is left angle. That's why when you have a control issue of almost any kind it angles left.

To your original question, you stated that it angles left as it raises, but will it still angle right when you want it to?

6. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

No it will not angle right at all

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You likely have multiple issue but for starters it sounds like you have a couple damaged O-rings on the B or C valve...or both.

If you connect the hoses together can you manually angle the plow fully in both directions?

8. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

I will have to try hooking the hoses together as I haven't tried that

9. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

If I hook both angle cylinders together I can angle the plow manually in both directions

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Now you know it's not a mechanical issue. Time to start going through the valves and coils. You definitely want to check the valve O-rings very carefully and check the valves themselves for any traces of debris and contamination as it sounds like thats at least one of your issues.

11. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

Maybe my best bet is take the pump unit to a dealer and have them bench test it.

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you have the capability sure it wouldn't hurt. Sometimes without the correct knowledge and tools it's a good idea to save yourself much grief. :nod:

13. icemancometh

icemancometh Junior Member

A dealer would have no problem finding the problem.
    i agree with B&B 's post sometimes you save yourself some grief, yet on the other hand if something goes wrong at 2 am when you are out plowing
    and you do this for a living you are going to want to be able to deal with it yourself if you can.