1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older meyer need help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by a100rinchhead, Aug 7, 2008.

1. a100rinchhead

a100rinchhead Junior Member

Hi all

I have an older model Meyer 7ft power angle with the pump under the hood. I got it off eBay last year and made it thru the season with few probs but it dose need a few things and I’m not sure were to turn. First off the pump is mounted under the hood of my truck and operated by 2 pull/push rods the angle valve assembly seems to be fine but the lift valve will not keep the plow in the up position unless I leave it in lift which runs the motor. I made due with this by putting the motor on a switch last year to get by but I need a new valve. next the previous owner evidently did not know how to correctly change the cutting edge and welded the new edge over the old one and the way he welded it I would probably destroy the mold board trying to get it off so I would like to know if any one had a source for a used 7 or 7.5 mold board or had one they would part with reasonably. I can get pics of the pump or any thing else if needed. I just wanted to get this out now while I still have time to get $$ together before winter.

Thanks
    Rick

2. Northerner

Northerner Junior Member

I think i have this exact plow, or atleast very similiar, it came on a 1986 Ford we bought, I dont have any advice for you but i was going to ask if you had found parts for this setup, the 2 rods that come from the pump into the cab to operate the plow have no handles, all i have is two peices of threaded rod im grabbing onto, tears my hands up after about an hour of plowing lol. anyways if u have any websites on this plow let me know, i'll do the same for you.

3. broncscott

broncscott Senior Member

have you thought about rebuilding your lift contol valve. most valves are easy to rebuild

4. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Hey Northerner: I've got two of those handles from my old 69 that's going to be scrapped. Send me a PM with your address, and I'll get'em out to you.

5. MDurling

MDurling Junior Member

Had same problem with my Meyers belt driven pump. Check lift cylinder seal for leakage and or air in system. Determined my problem was in the plow control valve body, worn O-rings. Any Hydraulics shop can rebuild the valve body, I was going to replace O-rings on my spool valves myself but made mistake of trying to remove angle side spool before had removed the bypass valve. Bad move, broke the follower pin off. Ended up replacing entire valve assembly as I could not locate the part I broke. FYI / DIY is not always cheaper.

6. a100rinchhead

a100rinchhead Junior Member

thanks for the info I lucked out and got a used Western 7.5 markIII for $200 out of hte local bulliten board compleat system and blade with every thing working so I am going to retire the old Meyers system.
    Thanks again