1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Loaders?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by erkoehler, Sep 12, 2011.

1. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Anybody using an older Hough loader? I've been looking at a mid 70's and a late 70's Hough loader. They are the E60 model.

Would you run loaders that old on accounts for snow and stacking?

These pieces will only be run in the winter for snow.
  2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

A lot of guys do. I'm looking at the same thing, I already have a 2004 kawaski 60z, a 2007 Hyundai 740-7, if all goes as planned I will trade in the kawaski ( it's a little to small), & purchase 2 2011 Hyundai 740, then get two older machines as well....yeah we grew alot. Last season we rented one machine, so i need to replace that unit, then we picked up a school district this season. We shall see, the place we had the kawaski & the rental were supposed to be 3 year contracts now I'm getting a bs song & dance routine, & bank is giving me a little static ( wants more info) about a 200k+ loan ???? The ones Ive seen that seem reasonable are mainly Trojans (they seem to be readily available around here & reasonable), a couple other brands as well. It's tough for me because I go look at them, but I'm so used to my newer machines it makes it tough. The new Hyundai had more comforts in it than my truck I drive (heated seat & mirrors, back up camera, etc). I need to remind myself inning usually running them & the guys that are dont appreciate the difference (as a general rule)
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 1969 Cat 922 B that I use a 12 foot pusher on for a couple lots, and have very few issues with it. I just bought it in the middle of last season, so I didn't get a ton of useage out of it, but I have used it some this summer as well, and everything seems to work fine.