1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older hydraulic system?? Newbie

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Bigfury, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Bigfury

Bigfury Junior Member

I'm transferring an hydraulic plow system from a '76 Trail Duster (318) to a '78 Power Wagon.The power steering pump is relocated above the thermostat housing.The hydraulic pump for the plow is where the power steering pump was.Can anyone help me with the brackets to relocate everything??I'm knowledgeable enough to fabricate one's but that would take a whooooole lot of time at my rate of speed.
    Thanks for the advice in advanced.This board is full of infro.
  2. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Why can't you just use the brackets from the Trailduster? If your 78 has a small block in it, it will use the same bracktes.
    If your 78 has a Big block...finding the brackets is gonna be tough, and fabricating them would probably be cheaper and quicker than locating a set. BB plow trucks aren't that easy to find. :(

Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I've got a good bit of experience with the 72-93 Dodge trucks. :waving:
  3. Bigfury

Bigfury Junior Member

Other Issues

440trk your are not far from me I'd like to go with an heavier front axle.Now I believe I have a HD44 in place.Wolud like a Dana60 to help with the extra load,B-block+plow riggin's.You can e-mail ,me so not to clutter the board,zifquality@aol.com
    Great place for good information
  4. kevin_lee

kevin_lee Junior Member
    from ohio

I see you both have older dodge trucks and I don't really have a plow question my prob is brakes on an 84 d250 is there a trick to bleeding them?