1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older hydraulic fisher headlight wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by siteseer2010, Nov 16, 2011.

1. siteseer2010

siteseer2010 Junior Member

Hello there,

I bought and older hydraulic fisher plow 8' (straight blade) it did not come with the truck side wire harness but does have a 7 pin plow side.

I have a 3 port module with 4 harness

2 - ford harnesses (that go to the head lights)
    1 - harness for the lights on the plow (11pin)
    1 - mess of a harness that looks like it is for the plow control harness but leads to a switch.

I have been through the fisher site and looked at the diagrams and this setup looks right but the mess of a harness.

I have a dodge 2500. and I know a considerable amount about automotive electronics so rewiring is not a but deal.

I can rewire the 11pin to work with the 7 pin as I have the pin outs and I can just tap into the truck lights to get the ford harness to work. but my question is can I just use the top 3 harnesses and not use the questionable plow control harness?

Thanks

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I've never heard of taking the pins out.Wait till Ryan chimes in he would know for sure.

3. siteseer2010

I wasn't referring to physically taking out the pins. A pin out is a diagram illustrating what the wires are for. :)

Thanks I will wait to see what Ryan has to say.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

what year is your truck? Would you happen to know what year the wiring came out of?

5. siteseer2010

The truck is an 01 but not sure on the harness. the 3 port module is 29070 if that helps