1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older hiniker issue

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by lazypine, Jan 22, 2016.

1. lazypine

lazypine Member

Hi, Have an older Hiniker V-plow that I installed on my gm 3500 p/u last year. It worked perfectly right out of the box. This year i hooked it up and the two headlight relays and the assesory relays just chatter and nothing works at all. plow lights dim and truck lights never switch off. Checked connections on solenoid and power to controller. Nothing seems to wrong. Is there something else i should check? Its snowing now.... all of the truck side wiring is brand new last year. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Neal

2. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Have you checked the ground?

3. lazypine

lazypine Member

checked the connections on the solenoid and pwr conection on my controller. when i moved the controller hot directly to the batt. i was able to lift plow to get it inside the barn. after finding a new IGN source the plow worked for a few seconds, then the left plow light low beam quit and the controller green LED goes out when any position is applied with the joystick.... the plow dropped and it now the motor solenoid chatters when trying to lift. Is there another ground connection other than the one off of the battery?

4. lazypine

lazypine Member

Update: I continued cleaning connections and was holding the controller beside the engine compartment while wiggling wires and noticed a small arc under the positive terminal. Took it apart...just a little corrosion and rust was the whole problem. Thanks