1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older ford wiring question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snord, Sep 30, 2007.

1. snord

snord Junior Member

I am setting up a 78 F250 for a unimount plow. I already have the universal mount adapted for use on the truck, but have some wiring questions. I have installed the unimount electronic harness #61437 using the two relays, but my problem is making the lights work. I have a Western/Fisher light/signals harness that plugs into the vehicle wiring (which was on another 78) that was made for the older lights (separate from plow with a switch). I want to make this harness work with the unimount harness so that the lights come on/off automatically. I have three wires coming off the unimount harness (for the lights) and the older light harness has two male and two female in each connector to match the vehicle harness light connectors. Anybody done this before and have any suggestions? Thanks.