1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

older Fisher plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bulldog007, Dec 5, 2007.

1. bulldog007

bulldog007 Junior Member
    from CT

I have an older fisher plow and would like to find out how old it is. I can not find any model numbers. Is there a way to tell.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Picture? What's wrong with it?

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Take a picture of the whole setup, a lot of guys can give you an idea that way....it isn't hard to tell! When you say older i'm going to guess it's at least an old speedcast, but other than that, pics will tell!

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Show me a picture of the back of the plow and a-frame.

5. grandview

Just make sure it's a bigger one. He just had a Birthday and his eyesight is going!

6. bulldog007

bulldog007 Junior Member
    from CT

here are some pics plow pic 1.jpg

plow pic 2.jpg

plow pic 1.jpg

plow pic 2.jpg

7. grandview

Late 80's early 90's.
    I take it that it's hydro? Works great with the manual tranny.

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Negative, ghostrider... you wouldn't have seen this any later than mid 80's and no earlier than about 78. It's probably the same age as the truck

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

call burquip equip or check them out on the web its fishers oldest dealer

10. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

I'd go with what grandview said, I'd say more 80's though because of the joystick style, and its a hydro under the hood, do to the type of lift ram. Those are really dependable plows, just not the quickest things on earth.

11. grandview

Put the clutch in and tap the gas and it's quick. Used one for 16 yrs.As I was raising the plow I'd throw it in reverse.Now I have my V Boss and auto, I'm a lazy a$$ :D:D

12. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

from your truck pictures in the other thread, I do think the plow is about the same vintage as your '78. Very well maintained for a blade of that era.

13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I agree, I'd like to see some more pic's of that classic Chevy :nod:;)

14. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I think I have the same frame and uprights. The Daimond blade I think is a 79. This is when Fisher emp. created Diamond I think. This is one hell of a heavy plow. Sorry I do not mean to highjask, but the old stuff is great.
    Link--
    http://www.tjsperformance.com/chevytruck.htm

T.J.

15. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

nice truck bulldog. from the pic, it looks like the A frame on the plow is at a pretty good angle sloping up toward the lifted truck. The A frame should be parrell to the ground. you may want to look into making an adjustment.

16. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

that plow looks like one thats on my truck Fisher Speed Cast, Hydro, and i have the same controll box. the plow thats on my truck is over 20 yrs ols, the Molde number should be on the triangle plate that is above the yellow ram on the plow frame. right in front of where the lights go,

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007