1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Older Fisher plow identafication

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ratorrey, Dec 18, 2008.

1. ratorrey

ratorrey Junior Member
    from Maine

I just purchased a 1992 Silverado, 5.7 liter automatic. It has an older Fisher plow, model unknown. Totally hydraulic, engine mounted pump, mechanical valve body. This plows is solid and heavy. The only electronics are the plow lights. My questions are. How do I determine the model of plow for parts ordering? What other years, makes and models Chevy/GMC could I use this plow on?

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  3. Megunticook

Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine

Congrats, sounds like exactly what I have on my Dodge (based on some communications with Fisher tech. we determined mine was "early-mid eighties" but unfortunately they don't have a decent serial number system for that era (does your lift arm have a metal ID plate that says "Speedcast" on it?)

These belt-drive hydraulics are totally simple and bulletproof, the blades, all the components, are extremely rugged. With just some basic maintenance you can keep it running reliably forever.

As far as getting a handle on parts, if you go to Fisher's website you can find installation instructions, parts lists, and various diagrams for all the older stuff. Very useful.

See http://www.fisherplows.com/esearch.asp

This document, for example, might be useful: http://www.fisherplows.com/pdfs/20383_051096.pdf

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's probably a speedcast, but measure the blade to se how wide it is and order parts by the width. If it's got 3 trip springs it's a 7.5', if it's got 4 trip springs it's 8' or bigger.